Search engine optimization is not always expensive or complicated. Most tasks are doable using free management software and tools. The best DIY SEO software and tool empower anyone to develop and implement a visibility strategy for their website without hiring an SEO expert.
In this blog post, I’ve listed some of the best DIY SEO software to help analyze aspects of your website and fix problems or errors. Read on to discover the most cost-effective software to achieve top rankings.
What's on this page?
Can You Do on Your Own SEO?
Of course, you can do SEO yourself or DIY SEO. Even though professional SEO agencies and experts can help do most of the work, some people do it on their own. With enough research and practice, you can learn how to do SEO for your business and save a couple of bucks.
An easy way to get started with SEO is to find the best DIY SEO software, understand SEO fundamentals components and at least have a basic understanding of Google’s ranking factors. Some foundational aspects of SEO you will need to have a strong foundation in include:
- On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO involves optimizing the elements on your web pages to help bring clients to your site. This mostly means optimizing your keyword strategy for metatags, using high-quality content, and other site components like images to keep clients onsite longer, with a more positive experience.
- Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO involves leading traffic from other sites to your site. The main components of this SEO component involve building relevant links from other sites, guest-blogging, and raising social media awareness.
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO enables search engines to engage with your site to identify keywords and phrases that potential customers have used in their searches.
- Page Experience: This mostly deals with improving your customers’ experience on your web pages through faster load times, visual stability, and response times.
Pairing the best DIY softwares tools with your fundamental SEO knowledge will empower you to do SEO effectively on your own.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to remember that SEO is a continuous process requiring time to see results.
What Is DIY SEO Software?
DIY SEO Software is any tool that will give you the ability to conduct a range of search engine optimization tasks from your computer. While many tools are available on the market today, some are very complex and designed for SEO experts. Nevertheless, you can still find others that are still loved by SEO experts and are still easy for DIYers to use.
Here are some of the best DIY SEO softwares and tools you can use to start DYI-in SEO.
1. SEMRush DIY SEO Software
Semrush is one of my personal favorite softwares that I use for keyword research. It’s an award-winning all-in-one SEO tool best suited for local and non-local businesses. This comprehensive software comes with everything you need to achieve profitable keywords for targeted traffic and leads.
Some of the Key Features
- Backlink Analytics
- Competitive Analysis
- On-Page SEO checker
- Site Audit
- PPC Keyword Research
- Position Tracking
- Organic Traffic Insights
- Organic Research
- Keyword Overview
- Link Building Tool
- Social Media Management
How to Use SEMRush as a DIY SEO Software
- Sign up for Semrush’s page. You only need your email and a password to create an account.
- Then you can either Sign up for a free trial or use Use Semrush’s free version. The free trial allows you to test the complete tool for 7 days, while Semrush’s free version will give limited searches and access to data. It’s usually best suited for beginners.
- To start the free version, click on skip trial; if you’d rather try the free trial, click get a free trial.
- If you skip the trial, you’ll head straight to your Semrush dashboard. Then pick one of your seed keywords and go to Keyword Overview from the left menu.
- Then insert a keyword or phrase into the search bar and click the “search” button. Once you click Search, you’ll see specific data on your chosen keyword.
Pricing For SEMRush
This software has a seven-day free trial and three pricing plans:
- The Pro plan costs $119.95 monthly. Mostly this pricing plan is for small teams or beginners. Under this plan, you can add up to 5 tasks and track up to 500 keywords.
- The guru plan costs $229.95 monthly. It is meant for agencies and mid-size businesses. This plan can add up to 15 projects and 1500 keywords.
- The business plan costs $449.95 monthly. It is usually meant for For large agencies and enterprises. This plan offers up to 40 projects with 5000 keywords to track.
2. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a DIY SEO software that lets you observe and report your website’s presence in Google SERP for free. Even though you do not require a Search Console account to pop up in Google’s search results, you can manage what gets indexed and how your site is represented with this account.
As an SEO checker software, this tool helps you understand how google works and lets you optimize for better performance in search results. It’s particularly useful for new sites or beginners as it lets them submit web pages for search indexing.
Some Key Features
- Keyword Analysis Through Search Queries
- Page Positioning in Search Results
- Assess User Interaction
- Site Coverage
- Submit Pages for Indexing with The URL Inspection Tool
- Sitemap Submission
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Penalty Reviews
How to use Search Console as a DIY SEO Software
- Go to Google Search Console’s official page to create an account.
- Then, pick a property type by adding your website address to either the URL prefix tabor domain.
- After that, you need to Verify Site Ownership. You can do this by using your Google Analytics tracking ID.
- Next, you will add a Sitemap to Google Search Console. This is important because it helps Google find and crawl dominant content on your website. To do this, navigate to “Sitemaps” and paste the URL of your XML sitemap into the box labeled “Enter sitemap URL.”
- After that, hit “Submit.” You will now receive an overview of your website’s most important data, and you can identify large issues and check your site’s performance overall.
3. Ahrefs DIY SEO Software
Ahref is another comprehensive DYI tool suite for local SEO, including keyword research, site explorer, and rank tracking. It is actually one of the most recommended SEO tools if you need highlights of your site ranking performance. Also, from a competitor analysis approach, you will likely use this tool to determine your competitor’s backlinks quality and use them as a starting point for your brand.
With this tool, you can also find the most linked content within your niche, look over, and fix broken links on your site, and get an overview of your best-performing pages.
Some of the Key Features
- Do keyword research for search engines
- Get total search traffic estimations
- See ‘clicks’ data
- See backlink growth or decline over time
- See keyword click distributions
- See top subfolders by traffic
- Analyze SERP history
- See ranking history
- Monitor outbound links
- Get keyword ranking alerts
- Analyze internal backlinks
How to use Ahref as a DIY SEO Software
- Create your Ahret account or log in to the Ahref site
- Then enter the URL of your site into the search bar on the homepage and hit “enter.” After that, This tool will analyze the site and provide all the data regarding that URL, including its organic traffic, URL backlinks, and much more.
- You need to key in a keyword in the search bar to research specific keywords or phrases.
- After that, Ahref will provide you with all the data about that keyword, including organic search traffic for that keyword, related keywords, and more.
Ahref has four pricing options:
- The Lite pricing plan starts at $99. It is essential for small businesses or starters
- The standard pricing plan starts at $199. It is a perfect option for in-house marketers and SEO experts
- The advanced pricing plan starts at $399. This is the perfect plan for a mid-sized enterprise and is an ideal option for growing businesses.
- The enterprise pricing plan starts at $999. It’s the perfect plan for large businesses and big agencies.
4. Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider
Want to get more leads and sales? Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider helps you optimize your website and generate more traffic. Unlike most SEO software, this tool lets you search, filter, and customize your crawls. It is also designed to inform you of identical content, errors to fix, and improvement areas for link building, as well as tell you exactly what to do next.
Some Key Features
- Audit Redirects
- Find Broken Links
- Discover Duplicate Content
- Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data
- Review Robots & Directives
- Extract Data with XPath
- Generate XML Sitemaps
- Schedule Audits
How to use Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider
- Before performing any site crawls via the Screaming Frog SEO spider software, you will be required to install the software on your PC.
- After installing the software, you will navigate to the configuration menu, then pick the Spider option.
- After that, select crawl all subdomains. Start crawling and wait until it is completed.
- Once the software finishes crawling, click on the Internal tab.
- Filter your results by HTML, then export the data
This DIY seo software has two pricing options: a free version and paid version. The paid version is usually priced at $209 Per Year and has more features than the free version.
5. SpyFu SEO Software
SpyFu is another SEO tool that stands out for its excellent competitive research features. It provides detailed SEO analysis on the keywords to help boost your website’s ranking in search engines.
In addition to keyword information, SpyFu software provides data on your competitor’s ad spending, letting you see how much they are willing to spend to be visible for different keywords. Comprehensively, it’s a valuable software for any business that wants to improve its website ranking and visibility.
Some Key Features
- Comprehensive Keyword Research
- Google Ads Spending Data
- PPC Competitor Research
- SEO reports
- Backlinks builder
- Social Outreach for Backlinks
- SERP Analysis
- Website Ranking Information
How to use SpyFu as a DIY SEO Software
- Create a SpyFu account
- Enter your URL into Spyfu and navigate to the SEO Overview.
- Scroll down and see which keywords you share with your competitors
- After that, Spyfu will provide you with a list of your top 5 most valuable keywords. Review content that is already optimized for the top keywords.
- Then, identify related posts you may have on this particular topic. Link these posts together where it makes sense. This way, you can drive more traffic and build strong organic growth.
SpyFu offers three different pricing plans in addition to their free trial option.
- The basic plan costs $39 per month.
- The professional plan goes for $79 per month.
- They also have an enterprise price plan that is priced upon request. This price version is mainly for larger businesses and agencies.
6. Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere is a great SEO Chrome extension that collects data from different SEO tools, like Search Console, Google Analytics, or Google Trends, to help you find the perfect keywords to rank for. This tool will mostly simplify discovering the best keywords for your site. So rather than going through different websites daily, you can use this software to save time.
Some Key Feature
- Accurate Search Volume Data
- Competitor Gap Analysis
- On-Page Analysis
- Traffic Metrics
- Trend Charts
- Keyword Research Widgets
How to use Keywords Everywhere as a DIY SEO Software
- Download and install the Keywords Everywhere extension from either Google Chrome or Firefox
- Then decide if you want access to the premium features or not. For the premium features, you require an API key, which includes making yourself a Keywords Everywhere account (select the get API key and enter your email address). But for the free features, you can easily access them after installation.
- To access the premium features, copy the API key link provided via mail and open Keywords Everywhere.
- Select Settings and paste the API Key into the API settings box. Then you can purchase credits so you can access the premium features.
- Now you are set to go. You can search for any of the supported APIs. Your keyword metrics will appear below the search bar or be inserted into the platform you use.
This DYI tool has different pricing plans listed in terms of credits, where one credit equals one keyword.
- Free version: Here, you can relate keywords and People Also Search For (PASF) keywords in Google and Bing or see Youtube insights and Tags, but no volume data.
- $10 gets you 100,000 credits, $50 you get 500,000 credits, $100 for 1,000,000 credits, $200 for 2,000,000 credits, $500 for 5 million credits, $1000 for 10 million credits
DIY Tips for Better SEO
- Find the keywords Google attributes to your site
- Optimize content for relevant, long-tail keywords
- Do basic on-page optimization
- Improve Click-throughs
- Optimize Title Tags
- Monitor Analytics
- Identify Keyword Gaps
- Set up Google Alerts to trail mentions of your company
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly
- Study your competitors
If you own an ecommerce business, performing some DIY SEO is essential. It saves money and puts you in control of organic rankings. You can use the best DIY Seo Software to make it even easier. They provide you with insights that would otherwise take ages to generate manually.
That said, You will require to put in the work to get the best result. This means creating content that’s SEO optimized, conducting keyword research, and basically being up to date with the latest SEO trends.
Image Credit: matchboxdesigngroup.com