Whether you are an astute entrepreneur, a blogger, or a content creator, using blogger outreach strategies will help you expand your audience, build high-quality backlinks, and grow your business.
In this guide, we will focus on how to recognize outreach possibilities, qualify prospects, and close sales with fantastic incentives. This way, you can easily differentiate yourself from the competition. Read on!
What's on this page?
- What is Blogger Outreach
- Step-By-Step Guide To Do Blogger Outreach
- Benefits Using of Blogger Outreach Strategies
What is Blogger Outreach
Blogger outreach is a type of SEO marketing strategy where brands reach out to one or more well-known bloggers or influencers in their niche to promote their goods and services. If you pick relevant influencers or bloggers with a good following, blogger outreach can be a useful element of your link-building strategy. Blogger outreach’s main goal is to persuade people with sizable, targeted audiences to talk about you and connect to your website.
Step-By-Step Guide To Do Blogger Outreach
1. Set a clear goal
Your outreach strategy should begin by establishing specific, measurable goals, just like any other project. Setting concrete objectives will provide you with clear guidelines for how to evaluate your achievement. You won’t know whether your campaign was successful if you don’t have concrete objectives.
Even when your campaign achieves great success, you should still evaluate its effectiveness to identify areas for improvement. Therefore, choose your goals before sitting down to start developing a blogger outreach approach.
To assist us in clarifying our objectives, consider the following questions:
- Do you desire to boost sales?
- Do you desire to boost brand recognition?
- Would you want to boost off-page SEO by acquiring some high-quality backlinks?
2. Define Measurable Success Criteria
After deciding on a specific objective or set of goals, you will need to establish the criteria you will use to evaluate possible blogging partners. These standards will make it easier to visualize your ultimate goal.
The standards may change depending on your niche and objectives. For instance, consider the scenario where obtaining all types of high-quality backlinks is your aim. In that case, your primary considerations should be traffic, spam score, and domain ranking.
A few quantifiable criteria are:
a) Audience Engagement
There are various ways to gauge how engaged a site’s readership is. The easiest way is to ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the blog’s audience leave frequent comments?
- Do authors respond to comments?
- Do readers of this blog share posts on social networks?
The more comments and social shares you receive on your blog post, the more engaged the audience is.
A target site might be very well qualified by its traffic. The more traffic a blog receives, the better it becomes. The best part is that you can measure a site’s traffic, domain ranking, or authority using SEO software.
A site can be evaluated using SEO data as well. If you want to obtain high-quality backlinks, SEO metrics are essential. The following should be evaluated when analyzing SEO metrics:
- Page Authority: This reflects the SEO authority of the page, the stronger its authoritativeness, the better.
- Spam Score: This shows the domain’s spam toxicity. You don’t want your site to suffer from a penalty from search engines because you link to spammy or unethical websites.
- Content Relevancy: This indicates how pertinent a hyperlink is to a post’s overall context. The audience you receive from the site will be of higher quality the more relevant the backlink is.
Of course, there are a ton more criteria you can consider when choosing the best potential blogging partners. But the top options we mentioned ought to be adequate to get you going.
3. Find prospects
Now that you have quantifiable standards in place, it’s time to look for outreach candidates. Start by identifying the bloggers who best represent your brand. You may use a straightforward spreadsheet to determine who the best influencers are for your local brand.
For instance, you can use Excel or Google Drive to construct a spreadsheet with a list of popular blogs. For each site, you want to learn about the blogger who runs it and acquire their contact information.
However, check each publisher against the following standards before you start reaching out to them:
- Quality: Generally speaking, their online design and content standards should be on par with or higher than yours.
- Relevance: Do they create content that is appropriate for your audience and brand?
- Opportunity: Do they frequently provide opinions from brands or individuals similar to you?
The best part about this part is that different tools can help you get around. For instance, you could use BuzzSumo. This tool is especially valuable if you are looking for relevant bloggers, trending topics, and content ideas for guest posting. Alternatively, you could utilize Google or your preferred search engine to search for the best bloggers in your niche.
Now that you have done your research and created your list of bloggers, you will need to group them into different categories.
- The first group is the elite influencers or bloggers you would want to collaborate with. The handful of powerhouses in your niche.
- The second group should have a list of bloggers that are well-liked and receive a respectable amount of comments on their articles. They most likely have a long history of blogging.
- The third group should be bloggers who are relatively new to the industry but who often create relevant content. This section should only have fewer bloggers.
4. Choose Your Type of Blogger Outreach Strategy
Select the blogger outreach strategy that best suits your prospective outreach partner. There are several fantastic blogger outreach methods available. The kind of outreach you conduct will typically rely on your niche, target market, and objectives.
Here are some of the top blogger outreach strategies you can use.
a) Guest Posting
This is a kind of blog outreach when organizations or individuals produce content for another blog. It can be useful to reach a new audience and is typically done to advertise a good, service, or website. The majority of the time, specialists in their fields who can offer the blog’s visitors useful information write guest pieces. Blogger outreach services exist to do this for you at a price.
b) Sponsored Posts:
These are a sort of blog outreach where organizations or people pay to have their content posted on someone else’s blog. Usually, this is done to advertise a certain commodity, service, or website. Most often, writers of sponsored pieces are subject-matter experts who can provide readers of the site with useful information.
c) Product Evaluations
Another excellent chance for outreach is a product review. You can provide a free sample of your product for a blogger to review. Free samples are always appreciated, so this is a quick and simple outreach strategy.
Genuine reviews can position your company as a market leader, introduce your goods to a new audience, and build a long-lasting, high-quality backlink profile.
5. Persuade them using the powerful incentive
After choosing your target bloggers and deciding on the blogger outreach strategy you’ll employ, it’s time to come up with an alluring perk that will persuade bloggers to support your outreach plan. Consider what you can provide your prospect that they will find beneficial as you search for the ideal reward. Here are some pointers to assist you:
- Money: If you engage in high-volume blogger outreach in a highly transactional manner, using money as an incentive works well.
- Freebies or Subscriptions: Swag or free subscriptions can be effective marketing tools if you offer a product or service. This is especially true if you are contacting bloggers to get them to mention and evaluate your products. These frequently accompany free samples and gifts.
- Content: If your objective is to deliver the content in exchange for free placement, you have your work cut out for you. Most bloggers won’t accept content unless you have already built a great relationship with them, have specialized knowledge that both they and their audience would value, or are capable of producing an epic piece of worthwhile content.
Whatever the situation, you must always provide bloggers or influences with something worthwhile. It’s now time to get in touch with your prospective spouse once you’ve identified the ideal bait.
6. Structure your message
You can begin structuring the messaging. The email you ultimately send will decide whether or not the entire adventure was worthwhile. Remember, that if your messaging is unclear, you won’t get very good results, regardless of how qualified your list is or how many emails you send. So, how do you go about doing this?
Here are some tips:
- Be concise and to the point. You should include these three things in your cold email: your identity, your proposal, and what you want the potential customer to do. Keep in mind that most emails are viewed on mobile platforms. Reading and responding to a short message is considerably simpler than scrolling through a short article.
- Keep it Personalized: You should at the very least include the person’s name whose attention you are seeking. People are much more likely to respond if you know it, so look it up if you don’t. A little bit of individuality goes a long way when emailing a generic email address, so try to find a contact who works there. Don’t be scared to take a step further with this as it frequently determines whether you receive a response or if your email is deleted.
- End with a CTA. Your reaction rates can be increased by using the appropriate call-to-action (CTA). This is the section of your email that convinces recipients to respond, click a link, complete a form, etc. The CTA and the objective of your email should be precisely aligned. Try to concentrate your outreach efforts on a particular goal.
- Be prompt with your follow-up emails. Your outreach email should hopefully receive a response from the receiver. Your emails may occasionally go unanswered, if so consider following it up.
7. Track your results to optimize your outreach strategy.
Analyzing your results is necessary when your outreach effort is over. This way you will get the most out of your efforts and help you understand the overall performance of your campaigns. You can do this by comparing the outcomes to what you had anticipated.
Benefits Using of Blogger Outreach Strategies
1. Increases online visibility
For any online e-commerce brand, having an active online presence is crucial. Although marketing on social media is effective, most people already use it. To differentiate yourself, you must look for an alternative.
An effective blogger outreach strategy will help increase your brand’s online visibility while promoting it across different platforms. It ensures you step outside of the social media bubble and advertises your business on different sites. The exposure is excellent for your company’s short- and long-term digital blogger outreach strategies.
2. Building Relationship
These days, establishing good relationships with renowned industry experts who have an online voice, or influencers, has become crucial for business growth. An effective blogger outreach strategy will help you build good relationships and greatly enhance your brand.
3. It Is Cost-Effective
Outreach to bloggers is a very economical method of marketing. It’s a terrific approach to improving your SEO and content marketing strategies. Working with bloggers in your niche will help you market your brand to the right demographic. Additionally, this approach can generate more leads for your brand and is also far less time-consuming than conventional approaches.
4. Blogger outreach strategies enable brands to access new markets.
Given how quickly the eCommerce business world is changing, it is becoming clear that market diversification is essential for success. A business cannot afford to solely concentrate on one SEO strategy and a way to continue developing is to explore new markets. Blogger outreach is one of the few strategies that will greatly improve your chances of success.
5. Blogger outreach strategies are Excellent for backlinks
Backlinks are crucial since they direct potential clients to your site. Building many backlinks to your website through blogger outreach is a smart SEO strategy. Your website will rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) if you have more high-quality backlinks, which will also increase the visibility of your brand.
6. Improve a brand’s connection with its audience
The value of exposure for a business cannot be overstated. However, raising awareness by itself won’t help your brand much. If it wants to persuade an audience member to make a financial commitment, it must also establish a connection with them. With this in mind, a blogger can improve a brand’s relationship with its targeted audience by educating and reassuring them about their products. The corporation can more easily encourage certain user actions with the help of this brand promotion.
In addition to introducing you to the most influential voices in your niche, a strong blogger outreach campaign also promotes blog development and visibility. For your brand, develop and implement a successful blogger outreach strategy using the tips and techniques we described in this blog.